Have you heard about the utter PR horror through which Domino’s pizza is doing?
Apparently one idiot employee decided it would be peachy fun indeed if he made a video of abusing the Dominos food customers ordered (we’re talking shoving the cheese up his nose, farting on the salami, etc..)…
And then posting the video to YouTube.
Talk about stupidity.
…The video had been viewed more than 550,000 times by Wednesday.
For Domino’s, the PR response hasn’t been easy. The video reflects some of the worst fears consumers have about food purchased from restaurants. The video and discussion of it has moved on to Facebook, Twitter and dozens of other social-networking sites...MORE….
However, Dominos Pizza HAS indeed rose to the challenge – they started their own Twitter Account at @dpzinfo as you can see below:
and are doing everything they can to get the situation under control….including putting up their own YouTube response!
And now the ex employees are facing criminal charges:
Which, of course, brings me to YOU.
Have you put into place all the tricks and techniques that abound to help you manage your reputation? Here are some of my favorites.
- Track your name in Google news alerts. Google news alerts let you set up an "alert" that notifies you whenever your keyword shows up online. Set this keyword to you name in quote.
- Track your Twitter ID in Google news alerts. Many sites are now republishing tweets so your comments are traveling far wider than Twitter.
- Track your site/business name in Google news alerts. Set your alert for your business, your URL, etc.
- Track your blog name in Google news alerts.
- Track your email address in Google news alerts.
I wrote extensively about what to do when problems arise over at
I urge you to click over and read it…methinks you’ll find it most useful indeed.
I’m not the only person writing about Domino’s, of course – check out:
- A Domino’s Hired Two Idiots
- Dirty Domino’s workers found, fired
- ‘Domino’s Didn’t Do This’
- Domino’s President Gets HIS Turn on YouTube
- Domino’s YouTube Video: YouTube Can Get You Fired, Too
- In Responding to Food Safety Concerns, Domino’s Must Get Viral As Well
- Not on the menu: Pizza workers charged in pranks
- Stay away from social media if you lack common sense
- The Aftermath of Domino’s PR-Disaster Video
- What do you do if you are Domino’s?
What’s that? You’re looking for reputation management tools and reviews instead?
You have a wide choice indeed, including:
- 34 Online Reputation Management Tools
- 8 Tools for Online Reputation Management (ORM)
- A Visual Guide to Online Reputation Management
- Fighting a Bad Online Reputation & Keeping a Good One
- How to Build a Reputation Monitoring Dashboard
- Online Reputation Management: Fact or Fiction?
- Reputation Management – How To do it Yourself
- Top 10 Reputation Management Tips for 2009
Remember, when it comes to being online….you simply HAVE to stay abreast of your reputation. Your bottom line will thank you for it.
ps – speaking about reputation management, have you seen:
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.